Sunday, December 9, 2007

Volleyball Anyone??

The highlight of my week this week came on Friday night! I had to do my volunteer activity at WVCCC, which I'd committed to months ago. DD found out at noon that she had volleyball tryouts for one of the bigger clubs that same evening. So I tried to get back in time for her tryout, but I didn't make it. However, she did make the team she wanted to be on! She is so excited that she can't see straight! Her DBF's dad gave her a ride down to the tryout at the last minute, so it was fairly stressful for me, as she was threatening to walk. This after she'd witnessed a pedestrian getting hit by a car earlier in the day. I was ready to walk away from my volunteering at this point. She did the whole teenage "Mom, I'll be OK and go on with your plans" routine. I wish I hadn't listened to her and had just come home at that point. I did have fun at my volunteer thing, but had to miss the volleyball tryouts due to rush hour and rain here in Phoenix!

So she went down to the tryouts and was amazed at how well she did, she scored the most points of any of the girls! That was a great ego boost for her, so she made the "blue" team for AZ SKY in her age group! This is a partial travel team, and is going to cost an arm leg and a fortune. I didn't get to talk with the club director Friday night due to the chaos that surrounds tryout night. But he did call me on Saturday and we talked. They need volunteers to help with organizing stuff and selling their fundraiser calendars, which we will be working on! In exchange for this, they will waive some if not all of the fees for the season. I can pay some, but nothing close to the $2600 they want for the year. There's also the possibility that they may try to move her down to a regional team, if I can't do enough to support them. I hope that between what I can pay and do, they'll keep her on the same team. But that remains to be seen. I don't care, I'm just excited to know that I'll be at volleyball tournaments this year! I love watching her play volleyball, and will do whatever it takes to keep her playing! XDH is aware of the volleyball situation, and will hopefully contribute some toward it. I need to talk to him and see what sort of financial commitment he's willing to make toward this activity. DD will know how much he will or won't support her financially in this endeavor because I'm honest with my kids, and family finances are no great mystery around here! There's no money for much, and that's not likely to change for a long while!

In other news, work is going well, and I'm staying busier there, which is fantastic and I'm still loving my job! I think I'm going to try and get a part-time evening job to pay off some of these bills faster, so I can continue to afford to live! I really need to make more $$ than I do, but right now we're muddling through.


So, anyone want to buy a calendar???? LOL...sorta

No comments: