Sunday, December 2, 2007

I've been Busy To Say the Least!

It's been awhile since I've blogged, and part of my goals for next year, which I need to update/add is to blog here at least once a week! I missed that one last week, although I did start writing last weeks blog, but unfortunately never got around ot finishing it, or sending it to a machine where I could post is, so I'll re-create it to the best of my ability to get you all alife update!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend, and didn't overeat too badly! We ended up cooking a 10 pound turkey and nibbling on leftovers all weekend! It was quite yummy but I'm glad that I don't have to do that again for another year. My kitchen is too small to do a big dinner properly and I really don't like convection ovens and will probably never buy another one in my life! I'd much rather have the traditional oven, which I think cooks better! Friday I did the Black Friday chaos, and got almost everything I wanted for the kids for Christmas, everything else was ordered online and should be here shortly. I just have one more stop, which I'll accomplish in the next week or so on my way home from work! Saturday, I was supposed to volunteer for the West Valley Child Crisis Center, but they were unable to get their booth at the local mall, but I didn't learn that until Monday. So I ended up at the mall and did some more shopping! That helped finish off the Christmas shopping! Then DD spent the night with a friend and DS and I went out for dinner, rather than eating more leftovers. Sunday we all went and watched the Redskins get annihilated by the Bucaneers. I'm not going to do that again for awhile. We had fun, but it seems that everytime I watch the Redskins, they lose so I'll pass this week! We took DD's BF and shot some pool, which was a blast! Then an old friend of our got married and we went to the wedding. It was great seeing my friends, but the "couples" type events are still a little tough. I'm getting stronger and doing better though!

One of the benefits of my volunteering attempt Saturday was that I got a pair of tickets to see Ozzy Osborn Wednesday night! Now I'm not a big Ozzy fan, but I wanted the tickets for the harassment value of teasing my friend, E, that I had the tickets! I ended up taking E to the concert with me, since he is a big Ozzy fan, and we had a blast! For those who are concerned, E is just a friend and has been for over a year now. Although, at one point, he might have had the potential to be more, that won't happen. We are too different and have too little interests in common, and there are other basic differences which will never allow me to look at him as anything more than a friend. He is fun to hang around with when its something that we share a mutual interest in! THe concert was good, although not really my type of music! We went with two other couples, both friends of mine from work, so that made it even more fun!

Monday on my way home from work, I called a radio station on a whim to try and win what I thought were Pink Floyd tickets (love PF) turns out they were tickets to the Pink Floyd Laser Light show coming in February. I won them, so E and I will go to that together as well. He's also promised me that when his clients offer him baseball tickets this year, he'll take them and then give them to me so I can take the kids to some games! THis rocks, since I love baseball and he hates it, so he normally just turns them down! I can't wait for spring, as I'm missing baseball already!

Yesterday I finally did my volunteer thing for WVCCC at the mall helping to sell their Christmas cards, it was fun, but not something I'd want to do for more than 2 hours, as I"m not that good at pulling people in to buy the cards, even though they are cute and for a great cause! I took the kids with me, and let them shop while I did my thing. THey also ran and got water/sodas/snacks and such for me and the lady I was working with. It was really nice, since there were just the 2 of us, and we didn't want to leave each other alone, even for a short break! After that, I didn't feel like cooking or grocery shopping so we went to In-N-Out for dinner and then came home and chilled out with movies and stitching for the rest of the night.

My living room furniture looks fantastic and the window has been repaired. Yes the furniture arrived 2 weeks ago right on time, and within a half an hour after the delivery menleft, I had a broken window all over the new chair. It was an accident, but I was still so POed I didn't think I'd ever not see red again! Nobody got seriously hurt, although the kids are having to pay for the window replacement and all the corresponding expenses related to it! I learned how to take the window out and took it down to the glass shop and within 20 minutes it was fixed, so I was really happy and it only cost a third of what it would have cost to have someone out to do it! So hopefully I'll get pictures taken this week. I've been doing lots of stitching in the past month and loving it, and I hope to do more this afternoon after I get the grocery shopping done.

Speaking of the past month, can you believe it's already been that long since the BF and I broke up??? I realized that the other day, of course he does text me about every two weeks with some sort of BS, which really sucks, but I know he's trying to get a response out of me, and now that I see the ploys and realize he's using things that traditionally get me to melt, I'm just laughing at them! THe first attempt was his dad was ailing and this might be the end...that was 2 weeks ago! This last attempt was that his DS told him to tell me that he still loved me, missed me and was praying for me. THat was this past week. I just laughed and thought tell it to someone who cares! The problem is that I do still love him, although I'll never get back with him after some of the things he said, it's still tough! At this point, I don't really want a man in my life as anything more than a friend, and I'll probably never open up again the way I opened up with him...that hurt way too much! It would be nice to have a guy friend that enjoyed the same things I do, and wanted to go to baseball games and such, just not someone who's as obsessive over sports as the BF was! I still worry some over him becoming stalker on me, but not as much as I used to, I'm even occasionally showing up places where he might be, when I have something that interests me there, and not worrying about running into him. I am getting stronger everyday! I think that might become my new theme song "I do believe I'm feeling stronger everyday" - Chicago

Overall it's been a good but busy couple of weeks, and I think it will continue that way until Christmas! THe kids leave Christmas morning, which I'm both looking forward to and dreading, as I'll miss them horribly. I won't have the fun of the BF to help me keep occupied while they're gone this time, but I'll have my job and my stitching which I hope will be more than enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've got your head on right - just take things slowly, and you'll find the perfect man for you. In the meantime, enjoy your friendship with someone who isn't "romance" material, but is a good friend.

I want to see pictures of your living room furniture!