Saturday, December 29, 2007

Better Late Than Never!

It's been ages since I've blogged again! I kept meaning to post an update to the club volleyball post, and got busy and never got around to writing it! So DD and I listened to the club director's pitch for what they do for people asking for financial aid, and decided that this club was not for her. We talked to the director and he didn't seem to care much. Then we talked to the man who would have been her coach, I really liked him and think he would have been good for DD. He gave us several ideas on where she could play for a lot less money and commitment than his club was offering. More like recreational leagues and such, so we're looking into those a little, and maybe DD will get to play some in the new year, although it won't be anything like club ball. That's OK and she's happy with the results.

DD and her DBF are on the outs at the moment, and I think it may stick this time. He started being a twit shortly before she left for FL, and they worked things out, but once she got down there, he went back to the same attitude and they decided to call it quits. She really doesn't want to put up with it anymore, but she's a tenderhearted girl and is afraid that if he asks her for another chance, she'll give it to him.

DS is having a good time in FL and got his new Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas. He's on that thing non-stop. I've played with it a little, and it seems to be a fairly cool game system. His friends miss him and have come by a couple of times since he left looking for him. I've told them that he's out until next weekend, and the second time they came, I reminded them. They claimed "they forgot" what I'd told them two days before! Makes me how they do in school, if they can't remember something that simple at 10!

Me, I'm just hanging in there and going to work and coming home and stitching or sleeping. I have made a lot of progress on the dinosaur, and should have it finished today! Once I finish that, I'll either start the Fractal Bookmark that I want to stitch or go ahead and start my New Years project, Desiderata. Gotta talk to A, and see if she's ready to start on Tuesday! As of right now, I have no plans for New Year's Eve, and will probably just have a SMOG night, or sleep, since I have to work on Monday! It's all good, and will be whatever happens. I can truly handle a quiet evening at home, without having to worry about getting home, after participating in the traditional "adult beverages", which if I go out, I know I will!

Tonight I'm going to watch the NE-NYG game on TV, since it'd be nice to see history made or broken. Tomorrow I'm going to the bar by myself to watch the Redskins Dallas game. I don't care what anyone thinks! I want to watch my Redskins control their own destiny, and the stupid local channels will carry the useless Cardinals, rather than the game that matters in the playoff runs! So I have to go out to watch it, if I want to see it! It's an afternoon game, so I'm not worried about anything appearing out of propriety (I don't go to bars alone...ever), I'll just get a table near my game and get lunch/dinner and watch my game! No stitching during that game, but such is life. You can't stitch through everything!

Tomorrow morning, I'm checking out a new church to see if I like what the pastor has to say. There are several reasons for leaving my old church, which I decided to do a couple of months ago, and now I'm finally ready to see if this new church might be a good fit for me and the kids. I'm hoping so, and from what I've seen of their website, and their Christmas Eve service, I think it might just fit! I'll know more tomorrow and will share my thoughts next time I blog.

I did see what I wanted for Christmas the other day, but was just a couple seconds too late to talk to him! There is this guy who works (I think) somewhere in my building, and we've flirted a little back and forth, since I started there. Well the last month or so, we've started saying "Hi" and such when we run into each other (about once every 2-3 weeks) and I think I'd like to talk to him a little further to see if it's just a casual flirtation, or if we might be able to actually talk to each other. He's about 6'3" and looks great in jeans! I know that's shallow, but sometimes you just have to be that way!

I hope this blog finds everyone happy and healthy and looking forward to the new year. I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas and find nothing but peace and joy in the new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6'3" and nice looking in jeans? Go for it!!

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to watch the Patriots game tonight. I hope they win. I'm sick of hearing about the '72 Dolphins...