Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! I had a great time hanging out with J and celebrating the event on both the east coast and out here! It was so much fun to really chat and catch up with her, it's been awhile.

The kids had a great trip to their dad's and made it back safely last night. I missed them a lot and had a few times where I was really down, but overall it was a good holiday season here at the Ski's!

Work is going well, and I got through another month-end with relative ease! I still have some clean up work to do to finish it off, but nothing that I can't handle!

My best friend gave me a fantastic early birthday present when she bought me a month of eHarmony, which is where she met her DH. I've been having a lot of fun playing with the website and meeting some interesting people...via the e-mail only. HOwever, there is this one man that I've been chatting with that I really enjoy and I met him IRL yesterday. He met me at one of my favorite places to watch the first half of the dismal Redskin's game. I think I saw about 4 plays of the game, as we were just talking. He was everything that he seemed to be on the e-mails and a perfect gentleman. I am looking forward to talking with him again, and seeing more of him. At the same time, I am not jumping into anything or going down the road I went with XBF, as I don't want to go too fast or end up in the same situation again. We simply talked and I gave him a friend hug at the end of the "date" and we talked more last night. I've told DD all about him, and she thinks he sounds like a good guy, and thinks she wants to meet him! I told her that I wasn't ready for that yet, and wanted to see how things went with us and if he was someone I wanted in our lives for awhile, before I'd allow her and her brother to meet him. I haven't talked to DS about him yet, as that will be a different conversation than the one I shared with DD. DS will not get as much information, as DD as he is younger and deals with things differently, but he will hear about him today. As I want both kids to know that I am talking with someone, and it could potentially go further to the point where they will get to meet him.

He's invited me to go out with him and his friends next weekend, and I'm thinking about going. We'll see what this week brings, and then make a decision about what I'll do Saturday night. It sounds like a lot of fun, but...It's kind of scary at the same time! This is almost seeming like more of a true relationship than I ever had with XBF, and although it's what Ireally want for a long term type of thing, it's still scary!

So I'm off on a new adventure, and I'll share the experiences as they happen. In the meanwhile I'm just along for the ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds promising, Margaret! Keep us posted!