Friday, August 24, 2007

A New Job!!!!

Well Ihaven't been blogging as regularly as I should, but I've been busy job hunting and running around with the kids and DBF! Got the kids back to school and they seem to be enjoying it. I know I love having some time home alone to look for work and just putz around without being followed! DBF and I have been going to as many baseball games as we can manage and thats quite a few. We've figured out how to keep the expenses there down, by taking our own water and eating a ton before we go and get tempted by ballpark fare! We still get our sodas and ice cream, but avoid the hot dogs and garlic fries as much as possible, although they are yummy!

Anyway on the job search front, I had an interview last week for a job I wasn't really sure that I wanted...primarily due to the commute distance, but when I got there I really liked the people and I did really well in the interview and they offered me the job on Friday. I told her I'd get back to her on Monday, as I needed a little time to think about their offer and we were headed out of town for the weekend (but that's another story). Monday I called her back and told her I could accept the offer, if they could come up with a little more money. They did and I start next week. There was another interview that I really liked and it was much closer to home, and I think I'd get an offer from them if I followed through on the second interview, but I'm going to cancel that one, since I've accepted the first job. THe one I'm taking is a larger company, which will allow me room to grow as I learn more and get my work confidence built back up. The one I'm passing on is a small company and the job will be the same, no matter how much I grow and want more responsibility. I'm a little bummed about the one I'm giving up, but I just can't play the game and hold out any longer and they just weren't able to get the second interview scheduled quickly enough that I could give them the chance and wait for it. I'm glad I'm going to be working and am feeling better about myself and the future at the moment. I just hope this turns out to be everything I hoped it would be. If it is, I"ll probably move closer to work in a year or so, assuming I can sell this house with all the new mortgage rules that are coming into play!

2 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations on the new job; it sounds like a great opportunity for you. I hope the commute doesn't get you down.

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm late to this...but congrats on the new job! I would have chosen the job with more room to grow too, so I think you did good. Hope you love the new job as much as I love mine!!!