Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's Been A Quiet Week

Well I know I'm not blogging all that regularly right now, but I've been busy, even though it's been a quiet week. Month end went really smoothly and I think I finally have a good grasp on my job. I'm ready to get more tasks added, and hopefully will this week. We had one issue with month end, which has been a recurring issue for months, and I finally started researching it on Friday. It appears at this point, it will be an issue that I need to bump over to the IT department, as I don't think my reports (AS, AD and TD) will be able to show me the errors. The reason for this is that all three of these reports should have the same bottom line number and report AD is the "same" as report AS only in detail instead of summary form. Report TD draws the same data from a different place and thus should be the check figure. Unfortunately it appears that AD and TD match and AS (the one I primarily use for month end) is the incorrect one, so it's an IT issue...ugh. I'll prove it for sure on Monday, but that's what I'm suspecting right now!

After telling the XBF to not contact anyone anymore, all has been quiet on that front and as you can see from my last post, I'm doing better. The significance of those lyrics is that when I heard them last week I starting laughing like I hadn't laughed in several days and it bounced me out of the sad mopies and got me back on track to survive! I know that I can survive this break up and come back stronger than I was before, it's just going to take some time. IN the meanwhile, I'm going to have fun with my kids, my stitching and homemaking! I'm also going to go out with girlfriends and goof around and be myself!

I had my first girls night out last night and it was fun, but I didn't stay out as late as I wanted or shoot as much pool as I wanted or anything. I met my friend J at 8 and we had a drink and shot 1 game of pool. Then we were planning on shooting more, but the band started and they were just lousy. We thought about bouncing to another place, but neither of us really had the energy to do much more! She works about the same hours I do and she worked yesterday and didn't get a nap, so we headed home and I was in bed by 10! Once the band started it was impossible to talk or do anything but listen to the band and so we just called it a night.

Oh well, we learned not to go to that particular place on a Saturday again. I told her where I normally headed when I was going out, and maybe next time we'll head in that direction. In the meanwhile, I'm going furniture shopping today. Hopefully I'll have living room pics to share in the next week or so! DD and I looked at a couple of sets on Friday night and now we're going to take DS back to pick one out! We're also hoping to pick up a "carton-style" entertainment center to bring home and build today! So I should have a living room by Thanksgiving! YAY me!!!!!

No stitching since last weekend, due to reading a couple of really good books...look me up as marfski on good reads to hear about "Pretties" "Uglies" and "Specials"! There's also a fourth book in the trilogy "Extras" I found that out Friday night at Borders!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on getting your new living room together by Thanksgiving!

I'm sorry your girl's night wasn't as great as you had hoped - you'll definitely have to pick a quieter place next time!